Friday, March 2, 2012

Evan brings in the New Year!

I am in love! I have two beautiful boys and 2012 couldn't be off to a better start!

Evan was born at 2:32am on January 12th 2012 after only 2 hours of labor! I woke Joey up at 12:30am, not convinced that this was "it." My water broke (I assume) when I felt a POP in my belly like a balloon at 1:30. Then we worked on getting out the door to the hospital. By the time we arrived we had about 10 minutes to "settle in" before Evan was in my arms! What a wonderful blessing!

Aaron is adjusting well as far as we can tell! I think he really loves his new brother. He is changing daily and growing so much in maturity (as well as physically). We have started "homeschooling" now and he knows a little bible memory verse from 2 Thessilonians "Stand Firm" and it is precious. He is learning his letters and their sounds, mostly from The Letter Factory on Leapfrog. He is learning shapes and colors and we are adding in calendar time and the weather to our school day.

He speaks full sentences and talks all the time! "Common Mama, sit down" he says when he is watching a movie and wants me to sit with him. He is such a compassionate boy. He loves to pray for his friends and family. He is tender hearted and sweet. I am so blessed to be his Mom. He knows Joey and my names now, so if we don't hear him calling us he will switch from "Mommy" to "Jen!" and it cracks me up! I am in awe of him. He is sleeping in his big boy bed (again). He used to sleep in it, but I just wasn't ready to have him in that bed with all the unknown and intensity of waiting for Evan to arrive and being pregnant and a little emotional about how big my "baby" is getting. But now I need him to be in that bed, and feel ready for it, since soon Evan will need the crib. The last thing I want is for Aaron to feel he is being kicked out.

The next big thing on our schedule will be this weekend! We are potty training Aaron on Sunday! I am so excited for him! I really think he is ready! We will go buy some special underwear this weekend and then on Sunday is the "Big Day."

Evan is a sweet heart! I am so smitten with him. He was born 7lb 1oz (smaller than Aaron was) and is already 14lb at 7 weeks! What a good eater! His cheeks are amazing and his rolls are wonderful! I love my little chub-ster. He is a gassy boy, so we are working on trying to find a solution to that so he can be more comfortable, but otherwise it has been a smooth transition. It is amazing how in 7 short weeks life can be so routine after so much change! I am really getting the hang of having two babies (yes, I still consider Aaron my baby... probably always will!). Potty training Aaron will really (potentially) help make things a little easier (and cheaper!).

The boys looked so much alike at birth and as newborns, it's unbelievable! Check it out!

(Left) Evan...

(Right) Aaron...

Evan...

Aaron...


I love those boys! And just for good measure- here are some more pictures of sweet little Evan!

Well, off to bed! Who knows how much sleep will be in store for me tonight! I am so thankful that I have a child to keep me awake. Not everyone has that blessing! I am thankful that I have messes to clean, dishes to wash, toys to put away and diapers to change. It all means that I have a family and the season that I am in right now I would not change or fast forward for anything!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers