The past few months I have been learning a lot about the Lord, and myself, and how to hear His voice more clearly and to trust Him to know what is best. I have been meeting with a friend for Inner Healing Prayer. It's pretty simple when you look at it from afar, but it's intense... and pretty amazing to experience. Basically my humble description would be that it is a prayer meeting, usually one on one, where you have someone who is experienced in this ministry walk you through praying to the Lord to ask for the roots/memories/reasons-behind something you are feeling or going through. The other person is basically there to intercede for you in prayer or to help you focus or lead you deeper into asking the Lord for more clarity about what you are praying over.
It's amazing the things the Lord has revealed to me, and especially the fruit in my life from getting healed of things. Sometimes I will have a memory come to mind and I think "this can't possibly be from the Lord, it's a pointless memory," then I'll have another memory come to mind and little by little as the Lord reveals things, as we pray, I realize that it is all connected and it all makes sense! It's incredible. As a result I am beginning to trust myself more and more that I do indeed hear and know the voice of the Lord. Sometimes I even think it is my own thoughts and it's actually the Lord speaking... it's hard to explain something so deeply personal, but it's amazing.
I think everyone should have this experience. I think we should all be seeking the deepest possible level of spiritual healing. In this way we are less offended with one another (because we recognize that where others are acting out, they too are wounded and in of healing just like us), we are less co-dependant (because we learn to lean on the Lord for our emotional needs), we stop looking for and fishing for approval from others (because we learn to listen for the voice of truth about who we are and what He thinks of us). I can imagine what it would like to live in community with people who felt healed and whole and did not depend on one another in an un-healthy way, but leaned on the Lord and enjoyed the blessing of what community was supposed to mean. With no expectations on each other, with abundant grace, with understanding and forgivingness flowing like a faucet rather than at a drip. Where people felt free to be themselves- faults and flaws and all. Where we can say "no" and "yes" to the thousands of invitations that come our way each day (babysit, watch TV, pray, have lunch together, call me back, text me back, take a nap, clean the house, run errands, blog... whatever) without wondering if we still seem "Holly."
I am thankful that my God heals. That salvation means more than "getting into heaven." So much more than that- it means healing and freedom and "kingdom-come" life even now. We are all missing out on so much when we miss out on being healed. My prayer is that the enemy will not have His way. That instead we will all unashamedly admit that we are in need and seek out the healing that God so generously gives.

No comments:
Post a Comment