I have one of those husbands. The ones other women describe when they list what they are looking for, or wish they saw in their significant other. He is one of those husbands.
1.) He wakes up at the crack of dawn to make sure he gets to spend time with Jesus, and that it wont interfere with spending time with his family. I'm talking the guy is up at like 5:30AM to get in a 2 hour time in prayer, reading and meditation.
2.) He loves our baby. He often talks about how much he misses/enjoys/adores/loves our boy. That's just something you can't force. He was one of the few dads who was in love with his boy right from birth. I have heard many people talk about how it took their hubby a while to fall for Jr. but I am telling you we would playfully joust for a turn to hold him even in the hospital and stayed awake just staring at him even after the 35 hour day of labor.
3.) He loves me :0) God help him the boy LOVES me. I don't know how you can love someone who drives you NUTS and makes you think you could always do better than what you're doing (not my intention). Someone who you never know what to expect out of. Someone who rarely lets ANYTHING slide. Someone who jumps in and out of little bouts with depression, anxiety, and down right uglyness. But, again, God help him, he loves me. I am so thankful to know that though we may have things to work on, I never have to fear that my husband will stop trying, or walk out the door and never look back.
I am so thankful for you Joseph Hyson Myer. You are a man of God and I love you!

No comments:
Post a Comment