It's been a long time since I have blogged! Lets see, what's new in the Myer household? Aaron is a mover and a shaker (I'll elaborate more later), Joey is becoming more and more amazing, and I am getting more passionate about the Lord than ever (praise God!). It seemed like forever that my hormones were all over the place and I couldn't get it together. It was so frustrating to realize that I wasn't myself and not be able to do anything about it. In past blog entries I have talked about the depression and other issues, and how they were improving. And they were, but they continue to get better and better.
We recently traveled to the beach for two nights with the Leightman family and Aaron had great fun braving the waves. He isn't afraid of anything! He also enjoyed trying to eat as much sand as he could grab before Daddy pulled it all away. He is so stinking cute it's nuts!
![]()
Papa Steve and Roxanne come to visit a little while ago. Papa Steve got a Gator Tattoo! So Aaron tried to match him.
![]()
For Aaron's first Halloween (which we do not celebrate for in it's entirety, but as a time of family, and dress-up fun!) we went to the Family Harvest Jam at our church, First Assembly of God. It was a lot of fun! We had our picture taken in the western style photo scene (hasn't been sent out yet though) and ate lots of yummy (free) food! We were dressed as a family of farmers for the occasion. Nana Faith and Papa John came by for a visit last weekend and got to see how much Aaron has grown! They will be back to celebrate Thanksgiving with us as well, and Titi Stasi will be staying here too (can't wait!). We are all missing Tio Carlos like crazy and are excited for him to come back HOME!!! MeeMee Shirley is coming to visit in early December and we are all eager to then head to Poppy Warren's for Aaron's first Christmas!
My little man is over 9 months old now! He enjoys cruising around (holding on to things and walking along them), crawling at super speed to get into whatever he can manage before you pull him back, snuggling, solid foods (finally!), and of course nursing! He is still mama's little guy and is definitely a comfort nurser (was still 7 times a day, although we are moving down to 4-only morning and at sleep times- now that he will eat 2 whole containers of solids at all 3 meals). He will hold on to an object and take a step to reach a different object- nose diving toward it and holding then on in a brave attempt to walk. I think it will be any day now that he takes that first real step on his own! It's bitter sweet though, he is growing so fast! I am amazed at the little person that God gave to Joey and I. He is such a blessing. Such a sweet and compassionate little boy. He is going to do great things for the Kingdom of God.
We have also begun the task of "training up [our] child in the way that he should go" (proverbs 22:6). Aaron is learning what the word "no" means, and how to obey on the very first time. We are attending a parenting conference next Friday-Saturday in Palm Coast Florida. I am so excited to learn more and to become confident and united in our parenting techniques and ideals. It's exciting to think that we are really parents. We are really responsible for helping Aaron to meet Jesus and to grow to become the man he was created to be. It warms my heart to imagine who he will become in Christ.
Our small group is going well. I feel so connected to the people in it and it feels like a family. We are all SO different! You would never think our eclectic group would mesh so well. But because we all strive toward the same goal, we are like a family nonetheless.
With the exception of some minor colds, we are all healthy and well. Life is good. God is great and I'm glad I finally had a chance to post! Blessings to you all!

No comments:
Post a Comment