Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Update and Our First Day of Work

Today was Aaron and my first day of work together. It went very well. There is plenty for me to contemplate and worry about, of course.
Aaron is so little and will be continuously changing in need, schedule, and personality, BUT I have decided that I will take one day at a time, enjoy work and Aaron both, and if a problem arises with the ability to do both, Aaron will win battle of course. I am going to do my best at work to balance things out and we will just have to see how it goes.
Today at work was a good day, Aaron was wonderful, but his schedule is a little off. He eats, gets a new diaper, stays awake a little, sleeps, wakes up, then eats a little later (not quite the eat, wake, sleep goal, but good enough. Especially since he seems to sleep more and wake less from 7am through around 3pm and is awake A LOT more from 3pm-10pm. He has slept a maximum of 6 hours strait, but that only happened one night.
Our friends Monica and David had their baby last week. exactly 6 weeks after Aaron was born. He is the same size Aaron was, and now Aaron seems so big! It makes me a little sad. Aaron is about 11.5 pounds this week! He will be 7 weeks old on Thursday (today is Tuesday). Time is flying and he is growing so fast! He was very tiny for only such a short while! I miss my tiny, tiny baby, but I love that he is stronger and that means I have less fear for him.

We had a great time at Disney, by the way, exhausting as it was! We went to the Magic Kingdom and to Epcot and stayed two nights in a hotel. Aaron did wonderfully. Dakota ran away while we were gone, but was found by a neighbor. Carlos got to take a nice little nap with Aaron before we left.

Family life is going well. Will update more another time. Now to, once again, attempt a nap!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers