Tuesday, March 16, 2010

5 Weeks Old & My First Blog

I can't believe we have a son! Arguably the best baby ever, but I admit to my bias position. At this point he is sleeping up to 6 hour stretches at night, and 5 hours straight sleep never felt so good! It's challenging and amazing being a mommy. It is one of the few things that have lived up to the expectation and excitement that I held for it growing up, that and my marriage. I can't believe how easily I feel in love with someone I knew for 9 months without ever seeing them. The instant I saw this baby I loved him more than words could describe. A friend gave me the idea for a blog over a scrap book, it might be somewhat of a journal as well? I'm not really sure yet. I had no idea you could have your blog printed, gives new meaning to the idea for me. North Florida Regional, where he was born, has luncheons every Tuesday. I have really enjoyed getting to meet other moms and their babies that are right around Aaron's age. I go back to work next week and get to bring Aaron with me, I am excited and nervous about the idea of it all, but before work comes play: we're going to DISNEY this weekend with Nini, Poppy Warren, Nicole, Jeff and the kids! I can't wait!

Since posting this I have decided to come back and add in some more pictures and memories. So here are some pictures to catch you up on the year so far...

From day one we were so in love with this
little miracle!

Aunt AA, along with MANY others, came to meet this little one at the hospital. We felt so loved and so much support from our family in Christ as well as our blood relatives. We are so blessed!

This is one of my favorite pictures. I feel like I can see the peace of the Lord in this photo. It felt so good to be a family and meet our little boy. Thank you Jesus!

MeeMee (my mom) was an immeasurably helpful house guest when Aaron was born. She cleaned, cooked, and took care of everything so that we could sleep a little and just enjoy our son. I could never thank her enough. I could not ask for a better mom. She showed me what it means to love a child like the Lord does.

Daddy gave Aaron his very first bottle. I can see how tired Joey is in the picture. Thank you baby for all your help! You are wonderful!

Papa Steve LOVES his little grandson. We are so thankful for him. He comes to visit and cooks and is always willing to babysit ;)

This is Aaron's cheerio face. One of our most favorite!

Here is Aaron at our very first (of many) lunch dates with our good friends Danielle and Cori Belle (pictured here beside Aaron).

Well... that's all for now! This year is looking GOOD!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers