I am reading a book right now called "Invitations from God." It's really incredible. It is making me realize how I have set myself for failure in a lot of ways. Given myself unrealistic tasks that I was never really ment to tackle alone and in this way.
We have stopped having a Sabbath day of rest in our family... when we had one we didn't even really feel it was restful. We have so strayed from the idea of rest. We have taken on the work work work identity that gets you recognition, attention, and acknowledgment and put aside the rest work rest mentality that we were made to live with. We were made to work and to rest and to follow the rhythm setup by the Creator.
When God created the world he made it in 7 days. He could have taken one I assume. He could have "powered through" and "pressed on." He choose to work in the day, "and then there was evening and morning." I work day and evening, and morning, and Sabbath too! I work work work because that is how I think I will be happiest. Then my body aches with neck and back pain and I feel overwhelmed and unhappy and I wonder why!
We are starting an intentional journey into resting again. I have to figure out (pray about) managing things like chores, phone calls, emails, facebook, ISR business stuff, etc. without keeping the backbreaking and ungodly pace at which I have been traveling. I need to rest!

No comments:
Post a Comment