Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Today is Tuesday! A Teaching Tuesday!

Psalm 23
The LORD Is My Shepherd
A Psalm of David.

1 The LORD is my shepherd;
I shall not want.

(O Lord! This means that today, on this Tuesday I have everything I need! I am satisfied. I shall not want. "It's all good.)

2 He makes me lie down in green pastures.
He leads me beside still waters.

(I have learned that in reference to a sheep being shepherded, they will not lie down unless they are completely peaceful and comfortable. Thank you Jesus that this is your promise to us! Supernatural comfort when it should not be so!)

3 He restores my soul.

(Mmmmm, wonderful!)

He leads me in paths of righteousness for his name’s sake.
4 Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil,
for you are with me;
your rod and your staff,
they comfort me.

(The rod and the staff are disciplinary measures. How is it that the discipline of the Lord is so good! The rod is also used to comfort us and protects us, to mark us as His own sheep. Even as death is looming over us (casting a shadow on us) we can be fearless because the Lord is the Shepard who watches over us at all times!)

5 You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies;

(A Table- a place of peace and rest and feasting-- who does this while surrounded by enemies? While David is being followed and hunted down... Only someone with the peace of the Lord can eat a sit-down-meal at a time like this. Not fast food, but a "table." Thank you Lord!)

you anoint my head with oil;
my cup overflows.

(You not only fill our cup Lord. You not only give us what we need, you overflow us with your goodness and spirit!)

6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life,
and I shall dwell in the house of the LORD forever.

(the translated word for "follow" here was more like "hunt down" or "pursue." We will be pursued by goodness and mercy? Hallelujah! And dwell in Your house forever Lord! Amen!)


((Shout out to Pastor Mike Pats at First Assembly of God for his amazing sermon on this Psalm))


No comments:

Post a Comment

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers