Sunday, January 2, 2011

Happy New Year!



I can't believe 2010 has come to an end! We celebrated New Years in a wonderful way and I hope it becomes a new tradition for years to come. In the past we have really enjoyed spending New Years Eve with the Wharton's and eating what we like to call "freezer trash." But this year the Wharton's are living a little bit too far away for a New Year's Eve visit. So we ventured down the street to Rachel and Eric's house. It was perfect because Aaron could easily sleep in a pack and play while we enjoyed an adult evening. We played games and laughed and talked. As midnight approached we prayed and thanked the Lord for the year and sat listening for the still small voice. We then took communion and said Happy New Year to one another. Finally the Constantine's (Rachel's parents) prayed over each of un individually. It was so special! I love God centered tradition! I hope this one lives on for many years.


As I look back on 2010 I am amazed. I was pregnant, I had a baby, I took my baby to work, one of my best friends moved away, I stopped working outside the home, my brother started coming to school in Gainesville, my mom got married, my dad found a wonderful person to spend time with (hopefully more to come on that!), we got a NEW CAR from Papa Steve, I struggled with anxiety, watched a friend suffer through a miscarriage who is now pregnant again with a healthy baby (praise Jesus!), found out a friend's mother's brain cancer is back and that she does not have long left, sat stunned as I listened to the news that our worship leader died at 31 only 2 months after the birth of his first child, made new and wonderful friends to have play dates with, took over co-leading a small group, and I'm sure there is more. The ups and downs in my relationship with the Lord has been incredible this year and I have loved the experience of getting to do life as a servant of the king! I also happen to have the most wonderful spiritual leader there is. My husband Joey is the most amazing man and father, and no New Years recap blog would be complete without mention on how much I love and adore Him (thank you God for Joey!). Our marriage is better every year and we just had our 4 year anniversary! (I say had and no celebrated because we have not yet had a chance to really celebrate yet, waiting for a sitter for the first time!) So all in all it has been a wonderful, fast, sad, amazing, beautiful year!

Lets Recap...




Thank you Jesus for a wonderful year.
Bless you and your 2011!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers