Thursday, August 12, 2010

Professional Pictures and Progress



So Aaron is a good looking gorgeous boy! I think that every parent must think that of their child, so if I am wrong please don't tell me as I am perfectly content to think that I am right. He is getting so strong too! He can sit up and sit up from a reclined position using his ab muscles and his two teeth are gleaming in all their white glory! He is, however, not excelling in the sleeper arena right now. But who said a child is supposed to give you 8 hours of sleep? It's such a blessing when they do, but I think a part of what you sign up for when you become a parent is a lack of sleep for the next 18 years or so. I love my little man. He is just such a blessing. I love his little facial expressions, and boy has he become expressive. I love that he says "Mama" and not much else in terms of decipherable expressions!

I am finally getting into the swing of being at home (though this week and the next few are very out-of-the-ordinary). Today, for example, I was out ALL DAY. But I made sure I did chores early in the morning, and then finished up in record time this afternoon. Then when Joey got home I implemented our new strategy (as suggested by my therapist- oh boy, now I'm one of those crazy people who references their doctor) of 10 minutes of unwinding time for him when he gets home, before and during which I say little or nothing to him and let him go into the back room and do whatever. We set the timer and he was able to gain some much needed sanity before slipping on his Daddy shoes. Then we ate dinner and I headed out for my night out, during which I am visiting my neighborhood Starbucks, blogging, catching up on emails, reading a book (maybe), and then stopping at the Publix next door for some shopping by myself (never thought I'd value that so much!).

Another note- my "therapist" is going to help me tackle my anxiety! I didn't realize how much anxiety was getting to me until someone offered to help me get rid of it. I can't imagine a life where I don't worry about... well everything! I am so excited at the idea of a life without anxiety! Pray for me if you think of it please!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers