Friday, July 9, 2010

Sweet as Cherry Pie

We traveled to Palm Beach Gardens and Miami with Aaron for the first time last weekend. He slept like a champ every night, but was NOT a fan of the car ride there. It was a lot of fun getting to see my mom and Warren and their new home. Aaron LOVED the fire works! He was the only kid there who wasn't crying when they started. He coo'ed and ooo'ed and aaaahh'd. He stared at them the entire time. We have a video of it and if I figure out how to upload one I will add that later.

Today was a whirl wind. Most days are right now. Work, play, hopefully a shower, and some rest in there too. Our friends, Joy and her hubby Wes, are staying with us for a few weeks. Today she taught me to make a cherry pie from scratch! Joy also taught me to use her sewing machine today. I hemmed a pair of pants that have had safety pins in them for 2 years! It was so easy I was amazed! Now, of course, I really want a sewing machine. Joey says it's not a great idea because I get into something new almost every day right now. I keep tossing around ideas. It's such a transitional time. It's hard to be patient and see what I am supposed to do vs. what I feel like doing in that moment. I know that I am already so busy, but I can think of all these cute things I would love to sew. That would be something I think I would enjoy: a therapy. But, again, Joey reminds me that all the fabric and threads and whatnots cost more money. Money is so annoying sometimes.

On a separate note: This girl walked into work this week and she is quite literally a God send. I know that she will be perfect to take over my position and I hope that this means a quicker departure than previously planned. I may be able to start training her NEXT WEEK! Thank you Lord!

Here is the documented master piece and creation process that inspired this entry:




No comments:

Post a Comment

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers